India is not just a place of calm meditation and some deep soul searching. It also has a wide range of adventure trips that you can take to give your adrenaline that much needed rush, from time to time. There are actually more than 100 types of adventure activities that you can take part in when you are India. From flying high up in the air to wading through the deep sea waters, the adventure activities in India include everything.
Here’s a list of some of the most thrilling adventure activities that you can take part in this country:
- A walk with a twist: Let’s start with the simplest one in the list- walking. Just imagine that you are walking on the ground, but it is not the usual hard one but quite soft, and fishes and marine life surround you! Yes, underwater walking it is! Try this amazingly cool and thrilling activity that allows you to walk on the nearby seabed. Where can you take part in this? Where else, but the most happening state in India- Goa!
- Cycling away: From walking let’s move on to another activity which demands a little more exercise and brushing with the wind. One of the best places to go on a cycling trek in India is the Kangra Valley in Himachal Pradesh. You get to cover a total distance of 260 kilometres and that too at a height of 4940ft! If you love to take a spin on your cycle, then this would be the perfect way to do that.
- For the love of Jumping: Want to talk about the adrenaline rush, then you have to talk about Bungee jumping! If you have a fear of height and are brave enough to try and attempt to get rid of it, then you can head out to Jagdalpur in Chattisgarh. Bungee jumping, however, is a fairly risky sport, which can go terribly wrong if the harness is not tied properly. Make sure that you have the instructions cleared out in your head before you try out this activity.
- Back in the waters: Goa is the hub of all water sports in India. You can try out scuba diving and snorkelling here in the waters of Goa. Not only will you get to witness some amazing marine creatures, but you also come across various types of plants and coral reefs. If you have always wondered what the inside of the sea looks like, you should definitely try these out.
- Up in the air: It’s time to fly high in the sky, and again, this is another sport that you can try out in Goa! You can go paragliding from one of the hilltops and enjoy a bird’s eye view of the surrounding. Just make sure that the harness is fastened tight, and you know all the instructions that are necessary for the successful completion of this ride.
- Time for some mild trekking: If you are a trekking enthusiast but are not sure about your current tenacity to sustain a rigorous trek, then you can go for a trek in the Chanderkhani Pass in Himachal Pradesh. This trek requires that you rise to 3600m, and you will have the Bara Bangal, and the Pir Panjal ranges to guide you along the way. You can also try it out if you are a first timer.
- Fun with snow: Have you always wanted to try out skiing? Do you already know how to ski and try it out a little bit more? Then head out to Kufri in Himachal Pradesh. There are two main destinations that are most popular for skiing here- Narkanda and Mahasu. If the snow is what you love, then this is where you should head out!
- Snow and helicopters: Do you know what heli-skiing is? Well, it so happens that the skier is taken to a very high altitude on a helicopter from where he has to ski his way back to the base of the skiing camp. This generally involves skiing from a very high altitude, and hence at a very high speed. Sounds fun, right? If you want to try this out, you can head out to Hanuman Tibba in Himachal Pradesh, which allows you to indulge in some heli-skiing fun! If you are a first timer when it comes to skiing, then it is best to avoid heli-skiing.
- Bike time fun: Do you love to ride your bike? Do you want to take a trip up the mountains in your bike? Then you should definitely head out to Leh in Jammu and Kashmir on a bike. This is a fairly popular and well-known adventure activity that has been tried by many in India. All you have to do is reach New Delhi, get a bike from there (for which you can make bookings beforehand), and then make your way up the mountains! However, if you are not too confident with your bike skills, then it is best not to go for this ride.
- A tale of rafting adventure: Dandeli in Jammu and Kashmir is the place to go if you want to try out some white water rafting. There are around grade II to III rapids in the Kali River, which passes through this place and makes it the perfect place to try out some really cool rafting fun!
- Flying light: Microlight flying is something that you can try out in the city of Bangalore. All you have to do is head out to the Jakkur Airfield. This activity is really very cool and safe since there will always be remote of the glider in the hands of a trained pilot.
- Sailing in the sky: If you want to try out parasailing, then you should make your way to the Payyambalam Beach in Kerala. Not only will you get to witness the beach in its entirety, but you also get a panoramic view of the blue waters of the Arabian Sea!
Don’t these sound fun? Head out to these destinations and do try out the ones that you like the most!
Originally posted 2016-07-17 18:57:38.