Royalty and India have a deep old connection whether it is in terms of clothes, jewellery, lifestyle, houses or the much talked about Indian hospitality and how can one forget Rajasthan; home to kings of the ancient India.
Jaipur considered a modern city of Rajasthan is one of the most sought after travel destinations of the world. The city has the perfect blend of old world charm and the contemporary vibrancy. Most people when come to the city return with bags full. Read on to find out some of the best places to shop in Jaipur.
1. Satgurus– This particular store has in stock all kinds of fabric that exists. However, the speciality is Wall Hangings made with zari and stones. The shop is huge and is spread over two floors. They also stock bed spreads, quilts and cushion covers. You can shop and get your stuff delivered to your hotel. If lucky, you can also find traditional kurta. However, whatever you want can be customised according to the choice of cloth. It is important to bargain for right price.
2. Old City– To experience the ambience of the city, you can head to the local market in the old city. A good place to do budget shopping for jewellery, clothes, handicrafts and ornamented cut pieces.
3. Rugs –
4. Kripal Kumbh–
5. Rajasthali– Located on the MI road opposite Ajmeri Gate. This is a fair trade shop promoted by the State government of Rajasthan and is packed with good quality craft work, camel work, wood work, block printed articles, miniatures, minakari work, brass wear mirror studded articles, etc.
6. Johri Bazar–
7. Bapu Bazar–
8. Malls– Ganpati Plaza- The first mall of the city and hence a happening place. One can get the traditions stuff to fashion wear all under the same roof. There are various shops selling artificial jewellery. Some of the famous stores include Rana Silk and Sarees, Mogli’s Island and the Pizza Hut joint, which stay packed throughout with tourists and locals.
Gaurav Tower is again a joint for young and the happening of the city. Commonly called as GT is spread over almost 20,000 square feet and has a good ambience, is spacious along valet parking.
9. Juneja Art Gallery–
10. Gem Palace– This particular store has been in existence since not less than eight generations and is meant for serious shoppers only. The store has everything from vintage to contemporary. The interiors of the shop resembles a cave with beautiful pieces on display, which are inspired for the royal houses of the city as the shop is owned by one of the jewellers that once served the royal family. It is a very well known shop and frequented by the rich and famous of the city. One can get customised designs, as well, however these take a long time.
Jaipur has something for everyone and one must not miss the famous Maratha Mandir, one of the oldest cinema halls in the country. The city also has a lot for foodies and one can indulge the famous Kachori, the sweets and the traditional Rajasthani cuisine. The hotel has places to stay for all as there are heritage hotels, as well as, budget hotels. It is important to find a good tourist guide, who can guide you around. So pack your bags and start on a journey filled with fun, food, colours and adventure.
Welcome to Jaipur…India’s Pink City! Bags full in the Pink City