India River Rafting – Water Rafting in India
River rafting is an extreme and thrilling adventure in the wild rivers. One of the best locations where water rafting can be experienced to the fullest adventure is in the upper Himalayas River. River rafting can be done in this river that challenges the river runner with its staircase rapids. The river has the features that create thrills, with the rocky banks, the water crashing into rocks and crevices and that would break into the rapids; these things test the braveness of the water runner. There is a place that river rafting is best experienced by both the amateurs and the professionals, in India.
If you are a person who is not afraid to ride on wild waters, then this is the sport for you. You may be able to learn the basics and even become skilled within a few hours after training. Rafting training facilities are all over India and many tourist agencies and departments already offer courses in river rafting.
Regions in India Known for River Rafting
- Ladakh –
- Zanskar River –
- The Ganges –
- Himachal Pradesh –
- Teesta River –
Before indulging yourself into the thrill here are some tips that might help you in river rafting:
- During water rafting, carry with you dry bags or some boxes where you can place personal things and some clothes.
- Bring with you necessary emergency medications that you might need such as insulin, inhalers, and bee-sting kits to be used in case of emergency.
- Also take with you something to protect your skin and your eyes such as sunglasses and sunscreens.
- To document the memorable rafting trip that may be once in a lifetime activity, bring with you a disposable camera and secure it with a strap.
- Never bring valuable things such as car keys, cellular phones, or wallets if you go on a rafting trip.
- When going on water rafting, be sure to wear the appropriate rafting gear that may be a simple swimsuit, a nylon shorts, hats, sandals or could also be a tennis shoes. Rafting strips especially in spring or in autumn may require you to add clothing so be sure to wear something comfortable and convenient when you need to take off or add clothing. Be sure cotton should not be included in your dress plan because the warmth from your body may be taken away. A dress made of polyester fleece, wool or other synthetic material may be used since it dries faster and will keep your body more warm. However most clubs in rafting have wetsuits that is for ret for those who have not brought their wetsuits with them.